Denton & Keuler - Attorneys at Law in Paducah, Kentucky, W. David Denton, Municipal and Government law
For more than a quarter century, Dave Denton has been actively involved in the practice and management of the highly respected firm of Denton & Keuler in Paducah, Kentucky. Based on a successful history of handling clients in both state and federal courts and within a broad spectrum of the law, Mr. Denton is continually energized about the unique cases and challenges that come his way. Beginning with a background in municipal and governmental law, the firm of Denton & Keuler has grown to include an array of banking, utilities, insurance, health care, and maritime clients.
With deep roots in Paducah, Kentucky, Mr. Denton is a tireless proponent of local commercial and civil programs as well as a dedicated participant in professional organizations and special judicial assignments. Mr. Denton formerly served as Special Justice for the Kentucky Supreme Court and is a Life Fellow of the Kentucky Bar Foundation.
Talk about a guy who believes in making it to the finish line—Dave's passionate pursuit of the law is only equaled by his thrill of running a good race. Dave's love affair with thoroughbred racing has most recently seen him falling for a little colt named Blackpool whose fleetness of spirit and hoof have made Dave a winner of a different sort.
David Denton honored by McCracken County Public Library
“Managing a firm that continues to see new growth in every aspect of the law
is both professionally fulfilling and personally gratifying. I take tremendous pride
in the multi-dimensional development of our ever-expanding group of attorneys
and their pride in client satisfaction. We hope you will allow us the opportunity to
show you how our diverse backgrounds and experiences can bring the results
- Administrative Law
- Business Corporations & Partnerships
- Communications & Media
- Contracts & Commercial Law
- Energy & Natural Resources Law
- Franchise Law
- General Practice
- Government Contracts & Programs
- Health Care & Hospital Law
- Pension & Benefits
- Complete Denton & Keuler Practice Areas
| Partial Client List:
- American Quilter's Society, Inc.
- City of Paducah, Kentucky
- Collector Books
- Forest Hills Village, Inc.
- Jackson Purchase Energy Corporation
- Mercy Health Partners - Lourdes Hospital
- Museum of the American Quilter's Society
- Paducah Water Works
- Paducah-McCracken County Riverport
- Schroeder Publishing Company
- The Paducah Bank & Trust Company
- Paducah Bank Shares, Inc.
- Catholic Healthcare Partners
- Complete Denton & Keuler Client List
Born: Lexington, Kentucky, November 8, 1941
He is married to Ann Denton. They have two sons, Glenn and Matt.
- Murray State University, B.S., 1964
- University of Kentucky, J.D., 1969
- Admitted to Kentucky Bar Association, 1969
David was the attorney and an organizing investor for the formation of Paducah Bank Shares, Inc. Paducah Bank is a locally owned, independent bank.
David recently attended and participated in an arbitration seminar presented by the American Health Lawyers Association. The seminar addressed various approaches for resolving medical/business disputes through the use of mediation and arbitration.
As the Senior Partner of Denton & Keuler, David has served as corporate counsel for Lourdes Hospital since 1991.
- David, the past Chair of the Greater Paducah Economic Development Association, has successfully guided a project known as Riverport West, acquiring options to purchase approximately 1,300 acres on the Ohio River for development as an intermodal industrial park.
- David has served as outside counsel for the Paducah-McCracken County Riverport for over 30 years.
- Kentucky Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- McCracken County Bar Association
- National Association of Municipal Law Officers
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Kentucky Academy of Hospital Attorneys
- Member, Executive Branch Ethics Commission, October 2009 - July 2013, Executive Order
- Murray State University Regional Advisory Board, 2008-2009
- 2008 Kentucky Association of Electric Cooperatives, Inc. Twenty-Year Leadership and Service Award, November 2008
- Hero of the Red Cross, Paducah Chapter of the American Red Cross, 2008
- Rotarian of the Year, Rotary Club of Paducah, 2007
- Honored by McCracken Public Library, December 2006
- Chairman, Greater Paducah Economic Development Commission, 2006
- Vice Chairman, Greater Paducah Economic Development Commission, 2004
- Director, Kentucky Bar Foundation
- Life Fellow, Kentucky Bar Foundation, 2003
- Director, Kentucky Western Waterways, 2003
- Chairman of the Lourdes Foundation Board, 2003
- Law Advisor to the County Sheriff's Merit Board, 2002-03
- Distinguished Citizen Award, 2002
- Corporation Counsel, City of Paducah, 1972-1979; 1989-present
- Past President, Municipal Attorneys Association of Kentucky
- Past President, Paducah Area Chamber of Commerce
- Past President, Greater Paducah Industrial Foundation
- Past President, Rotary Club of Paducah
- Past President, Easter Seals West Kentucky, Inc.
- Board of Directors, McCracken County Public Library
- Former Chairman, Board of Trustees, McCracken County Public Library
- Former Member, Kentucky Council of Higher Education
- Former Director, Kentucky Hospital Attorney Association
- President, McCracken County Bar Association, 1994-95
- Secretary-Treasurer, Paducah Bank Shares, Inc.
- Director, Board of the University of Kentucky Law Alumni
- Chairman, Paducah Community College Engineering Gift Campaign, 1995
- Boss of the Year, International Association
of Administrative Professionals, 1984
- Director, The Paducah Bank and Trust Company
- Director, Grand Rivers Foundation
- Member, Kentucky Bar Foundation
- Member, Kentucky Advocates for Higher Education
- Chairman, Lourdes Foundation, Inc.
- Vice Chairman, Paducah Community College Development Council
- Member, Kentucky Western Waterways
- Member, Corporate Compliance Committee (Mercy Health Kentucky Indiana Region)
- Member/Finance Chair, West Kentucky Regional Roundtable
- Member, Rotary Club of Paducah
- Speaker - Utility, Banking, and Municipal Law
- Member, Rotary Club of Paducah
- Kentucky Association of Electrical Cooperatives, Legal Seminar for Rural Electric Cooperative Attorneys, November 2010
- McCracken County Bar Association, Topics of Law Related to Public Schools, August 2010
- National Constitution Center, Analyzing Financial Statements: What Every Attorney Should Know, January 2010
- Bank Director - "Bank Audit Committee Oversight Conference"; Chicago, Illinois; 2007 and 2008
- Ky. Assoc. of Elect Coops; Legal Seminar for Rural Electric Co-Op Attorneys, November 2008
- Kentucky Bar Association; 2008 Kentucky Law Update, October 2008
- Strafford; Bad Faith Insurance Claims, October 2008
- Strafford; Physician Recruitment After Stark Phase III, October 2008
- Decisionquest; Using Jury Research to Prepare for Mediation & Trial, June 2008
- The Likeable Lawyer; The Persuasive Lawyer and The Trusted Lawyer, May 2008
- The Remsen Group; Managing Partner Forum for Midwestern Law Firms, October 2007
- McCracken County Bar Association; Avoiding Legal Malpractice, October 2007
- American Hospital Lawyer, Aribtration Training, September 2007
- McCracken County Bar Association; Ethics and Malpractice seminar, November 2006
- McCracken County Bar Association; Legal Ethics, June 2006
- American Health Lawyers Association Arbitration Training, September 2006
- American Association of Bank Directors, IBDE; 121st Assembly for Bank Directors; LaMalbaie, Quebec, Canada; September 2-5, 2005
- Ky. Assoc. of Elect Coops; Legal Seminar for Rural Electric Co-Op Attorneys, November 2005
- Ky Academy of Hospital Attorneys; KAHA Annual Meeting and Seminar, May 2004
- McCracken County Bar Association; Legal Ethics, June 2005
- Ky. Assoc. of Elect Coops; Legal Seminar for Rural Electric Co-Op Attorneys, October 2003
- Workshops for Bank Directors Fall 2003, November 2003
- Ky. Assoc. of Elect Coops; Legal Seminar for Rural Electric Co-Op Attorneys, November 2002